Words: Fleur Egan
Art: Fleur Egan
Photographer: Henryk Lobaczewski
Swimwear: Jessica Gomes for Jets
Fresh off styling the Jets campaign on the beautiful Hamilton Island with campaign star Jessica Gomes who believe it or not is even more lovely in the flesh. Our 5am call times and long shoot days made a little easier to hide my fatigue when Jess gave me her Equal Beauty moisture veil cloth mask.
The way Jess speaks about her products, their effects, where they were made and the process behind them shows somebody that really cares. Equal Beauty is a far cry away from another celebrity finding an outlet no Equal Beauty is a long awaited dream something that Jess really is passionate about and it shows every time she talks.
I used the mask on day two of our shoot and loved the results my skin felt hydrated and it didn’t dry out like most cloth masks. Fresh from the David Jones Show The Garm sat down with Jess to find out what else she has up her sleeve
- How long has Equal Beauty been a dream of yours? I feel like I’ve always wanted to have my own range of something and skincare was a no brainer its what I was always passionate about.
- What beauty tip do you swear by? Always clean your face before going to bed and waking up! Serums are the way to hydrate!
- In your career who has given you the best beauty advice? My Mother! She’d always say moisturise your body after your shower. She also said if you don’t take off your make up you will turn into a cat.
- You have the skin of an angel can you talk us through your skincare routine and what products you swear by? I love my products for travelling. The cleansing cloths are amazing and exfoliating. The serum is a drink for the skin. The spray protects me from pollution and the masks are great for tired dehydrated skin. I love getting facials in between from Melanie grant and also a sculpt massage from Fumi who does Zen Facials. I love Dr Barbara Sturm Foam facial cleanser and also her serums…Glow drops and sun drops have really been a game changer. CLEAN HYDRATE PROTECT IS my three step motto.
- You are always travelling which products do you never fly without? Equal Beauty! Never ever without fail! They are the best for inflight game. Cleanse protect and hydrate! Fragrance free really gentle! SIMPLE AND CLEAN.
- I had the pleasure of styling your new swimwear range for jets what was the inspiration for the collection? I wanted swimwear which felt cool and edgy! And understated! Comfortable and also easy to wear! The material reflects the sun so there is a bit of sparkle. But I just love Jets quality its amazing.
- If you had to choose bikini or one piece? Bikini for beach day one piece for pool day! Can’t choose!!
- What are you currently listening too? Kendrick Lamar!
- Whats the last thing you brought? Gucci sweat pants for 1500 dollars! NUTJOB!
- What advice would you give to your teenage self? Just be yourself! Do not want to be liked or admired. Just always be respectful.
- After conquering the modelling, acting and beauty world what is next? I am still such a student of the game! I just want to keep creating and learning and achieving everything! I also want a family!
- We hear you’ve been involved in the casting of the David Jones show this year how was that experience? It was really great to be on the other side! As you realise how important confidence is and knowing who you are! Even if you just fake it!
- Finish the sentence “ When in LA……………………….. you must see a movie at Arclight Hollywood! Best quality and sound!
- Finish the sentence “When in Sydney……………………….. you have to to go to ice bergs and eat steak and have an aperol!
You can find Equal Beauty at David Jones and www.equalbeauty.com